Monday 1 April 2013

Happy Easter

(singing) We wish you a happy Easter, and a happy N... well, a warmer Spring!  It's blooming freezing!

We celebrated our Easter with a family meal yesterday; you might know that our family quite enjoys a meal at the Olive Garden when we visit the States (we had our wedding meal there for example) and as we don't have them here in the UK we decided to create an Italian style meal in the honour of Olive Garden!

We started with bruschetta...
...and Zuppa Toscana, a spicy sausage soup (hubs made me a veggie version, am reliably informed it was fairly close to the original as I've never tried it to compare!) which was very tasty - maybe slightly less garlic in the bruschetta topping next time, it was very tasty but extremely garlicky!

My main was large penne pasta shapes topped with tomato and herb sauce and roasted veggies (the roasted portabello mushrooms were to die for!)...

...while the meatosauruses had a pasta/steak/cheese combo.

For pudding we lined up ice creams (vanilla Swedish Glace for me) and lots of toppings...
...I was particularly excited by the dairy-free fudge, cinder toffee, millionaire's shortbread and chocolate sauce, omg!!  Gorgeous!!
Needless to say we were full to bursting after all that food!  But it was a nice taster to remind us of our holidays :)

Lastly I have to share this pic of hubs' easter egg; I don't think the picture does it justice because it's enormous!  I 'eggspecially' liked the easter pun iced on the front! :-D
Hope that you enjoyed your Easter, and your extra long weekend :)

Gayle xx

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

One word: yum!
Alison x

Michelle said...

Holy cow! That chocolate egg is HUGE!!! Where did you find that?? :D I too love Olive Garden. I think I need to talk Greg into taking me there for our anniversary next month. ;) We'll see if that happens. LOL Glad you had a good Easter. The meatosauruses here had ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans, rolls and a fruit salad. I ate too much! :) This whole week I ate too much. Greg off work and we ate out for Brit's birthday (a fish fry at the local golf course... SO good!!)